Family Village

Family Village (http://forum.familyvillage.ca/index.php)
-   Business Feedback Cloth Diaper & Sling reviews (http://forum.familyvillage.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   Need to hire a truck to move a kids bed... (http://forum.familyvillage.ca/showthread.php?t=31426)

Pepper 03-09-2011 08:23 AM

Need to hire a truck to move a kids bed...

I am giving my daughter's bed to another mom who needs one but neither of us drives :P. Does anyone know a person with a truck or van that I can hire to move it? I am at Gladstone and Erie and she is at Erie and Dougal. I'd call a taxi van but I don't think it will fit, it has to be a van with no seats or a pick up.

Thanks!

And yes, it's true, I actually have THREE beds we don't need. Ha. When we move the futon couch will go too so actually it's 4 beds. How does all this stuff accumulate in here? It's a mystery to me...

heavenllyhash 03-09-2011 12:10 PM

My brother has a truck who does this kind of stuff...if it will be only 1 trip he charges $60.
Let me know and I'll get you in touch with him.

Thanks!

Mothers Helper 03-09-2011 02:32 PM

she is at dougall and erie? so am I!!! but i only have a vn with seats in it.

Pepper 03-09-2011 05:51 PM

60$, yikes! That's really steep, it's only a couple blocks away. I think I'll call a taxi van with the dimensions and see if it will fit. That would be about $10 max...

heavenllyhash 03-10-2011 07:21 AM

Maybe that's your best option...my bro is coming from the county.

organiclife 03-10-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavenllyhash (Post 255905)
$60.

That seems like an insane price!

heavenllyhash 03-10-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by organiclife (Post 255953)
That seems like an insane price!

Like I said he's coming from the county and it's not worth his time and gas to do it for $10-20.

I was only trying to help someone who was asking.

Pepper 03-10-2011 03:45 PM

That's a great price for a move of more than one item for sure. A mover cost way more than that. I just have this one thing I'm giving away though. I don't mind paying a bit of money to get it over there but...

organiclife 03-11-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavenllyhash (Post 255956)
Like I said he's coming from the county and it's not worth his time and gas to do it for $10-20.

I was only trying to help someone who was asking.

I wasn't trying to be upsetting and I understand everybody is trying to make a bit of cash these days - gas is insanely priced.......coming from the county is has to be worth while

In this scenario I was just thinking that these folks may not have $60 to move something that is being given away for free to someone in need.........

not a personal attack at all and I hope it didn't seem like that!

heavenllyhash 03-11-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by organiclife (Post 256003)
I wasn't trying to be upsetting and I understand everybody is trying to make a bit of cash these days - gas is insanely priced.......coming from the county is has to be worth while

In this scenario I was just thinking that these folks may not have $60 to move something that is being given away for free to someone in need.........

not a personal attack at all and I hope it didn't seem like that!

Thanks for clarifying organiclife! I did feel like it was an attack. It's so hard to read someone's tone on the internet. I feel much better now! :)

Pepper, I hope you found someone to help you move the beds!