Family Village

Family Village (http://forum.familyvillage.ca/index.php)
-   Business Feedback Cloth Diaper & Sling reviews (http://forum.familyvillage.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   My jenn-air died.... (http://forum.familyvillage.ca/showthread.php?t=31783)

zaneta 05-25-2011 05:11 PM

My jenn-air died....

Wall mounted oven got water damage and now it doesn't work at all. I can't turn it on. Cannot cook or bake anything - since early April. Funny enough though, while I checked the control panel daily, I found that it worked in time for Easter to make my food and bake special Easter bread. How lucky was that. It's 22 years old. If it were a person, it would be at it's prime. Nothing was wrong with it before. We had a water leak from the upstairs toilette and water drained to the kitchen. I've sanitized every thing and sorting what I want to keep. Somehow water leaked into the grill control panel and shorted out the panel. I might need to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Apparently, jenn-air no longer make the two components that make up the control panel. So I'm stuck, cannot get it repaired, unless someone knows of a parts supplier for this item. I'm told they have been discontinued by whirlpool - jenn air. So, what kind of oven do you have and how reliable is it. It has to a wall mount and black or stainless steel. Feedback would be great so I now what to look into and what to avoid.

Janet

Valerie 05-25-2011 07:54 PM

Google old parts for it....there are suppliers online that carry parts of older model stoves. When we needed to replace the burner in our oven, the company told us it was 8 yrs old and they didn't have it....we are planning to renovate next year so we needed our stove to last until then. So my dh found a supplier of old model appliances online...for $75 we had the part delivered. Unreal!

Worth a try.

dani32 05-26-2011 06:39 AM

Ohhhh a wall mounted oven? I would LOVE to have one of those! Sorry that it's broken though :( Hope someone can help!!

zaneta 05-30-2011 06:41 PM

Oven

Cannot be fixed. It's too old parts no longer available. We are currently looking at a kitchen aid from Essex appliance centre. Hey are better priced there than most other places. Hopefully it will fit in the opening. Someone will come to measure it to make sure. My gosh, what a head ache it is to find something that will fit in the opening of the current oven. To anyone who reads this, did you know that you can pull out your wall oven to take better measurement. Apparently you can? Hopefully it will fit and I can get an oven in there. Wish me luck.

Janet

dani32 06-06-2011 06:56 AM

Any news yet??? Hoping you get one to fit..I can only imagine how frustrating this is to you.

zaneta 06-07-2011 08:58 PM

Good news,

I finally managed to verify the proper size to fit cut out opening. Kitchen- aid it is. It's the only brand that will fit into it. The space in smaller than most current wall ovens. I had a choice between a 24 which is pretty small even for my opening, or a 27 inch which just fits. Only brand that has it is kitchen- aid. It comes in two days delivered and installed, hopefully, by early next week. What a load off my shoulders. I miss my oven soooo much. Thank you Lord!

zaneta 06-09-2011 08:59 PM

My oven has arrived...

And is installed! Stainless steel with a black keypad panel. By 5 pm this afternoon it was hooked up and fully functional. Works great, and it fits in my kitchen beautifully, black and stainless steel. All I have left to do is finish painting the kitchen ceiling the washroom and install my cabinets in washroom and receive the upstairs toilet and get that installed. There's so much to do.