Family Village

Go Back   Family Village > Village Market Place > Home Business Advertising, Thrifty things and Employment > Business Feedback Cloth Diaper & Sling reviews

Business Feedback Cloth Diaper & Sling reviews you may put feedback on local business, and products in this location.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:32 PM
One step at a time...

Mothers Helper just starting to get noticed

:D i used these and flats for the fist 2 years of my first Born's life

i used the AIO nd i used the basics that needed a cover

i found the covers were good

they didn't leak, HOWEVER i found that the thin elastic broke down very fast

(on the covers)

i liked these diapers they wwere easy to find

but when i had them they were bulky and the dry cover was crunchy sounding

it was noisy and bothered me

i found that he Velcro was too thin and wold easily come undone, so i roughed it up so that it would stick better

i was not happy with the elastic on either the AIO or on the basics and was not impressed that it broke down so fast causing leaks

i found my old AIO leaked most of the time

and so i had to start putting a cover on my AIO making them more bulky

(but i had no leaks)

i also found that they thin flannel that covered the elastic broke down and tore very easily.

so i used them with dd 1 but for my second and subsequent children i sold them off(the good ones) and kept the crummy ones as a back up.i still use the basics as inserts and i used the left over AIO as a way of keeping my prefolds on when i cant find my snappi.

http://breastfeedwindsor.org/ breastfeeding answers
I live in my own little world, but it's ok, everybody knows me here[/font]

Old 02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Is there a little Echo in there?

Echo just starting to get noticed

Kushies fitted diapers: these are the ones that require a cover. My daughter seemed to grow in and out of these diapers periodically so they didnt' always work for us but when she did fit in them they worked great. They seemed to hold a lot and they got the job done. I wasn't crazy about the flannel inside so I would add a fleece liner to keep her bum dry. I got mine used from a local consignment store and they still have lots of life left in them...so a very affordable diaper. The one thing that drove me bonkers about this diaper was the laundry tabs NEVER stayed done up in the wash thus creating the dreaded 'diaper snake'.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Far away, much missed...

emmsmama just starting to get noticed

I used Kooshies Ultras (AIO's) and Classics from 5-10 mths. for ds. I had to change them frequently as they didn't absorb a tonne, and they took a long time to dry, but they were very easy to use and one of the most economical options available for fitted diapers. I bought them used and new second-hand and they lasted quite well. If going with Kooshies I would say buy a good stash because they get full with one pee really easily.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
One step at a time...

Mothers Helper just starting to get noticed

i just want to add that they have changed a lot since 10 years ago whn i first got them

http://breastfeedwindsor.org/ breastfeeding answers
I live in my own little world, but it's ok, everybody knows me here[/font]

Old 02-04-2007, 09:44 PM
'm scared that I'm screwing up the children I already have

megsmom

These diapers didn't work well for either of my girls. They don't hold much pee, so I could never use them at night, and during the day I had to stuff them with extra liners. I find that the covers leak- every time. The trim on the legs and waist are cotton, so if the pee gets through the diaper to the cover, it wicks onto the cover, then onto the clothes.
I do love the AIO's for the convenience. On days when I was sick, tired, had a migraine, or all 3 problems (LOL) I used the Kooshies AIO's. They are as simple as disposables.
I love the soft cotton flannelette on the inside.
I too hate the laundry snake of which Echo speaks.
These would never be my main stash choice, but to add to the stash when I had 2 children in diapers, they were good.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Tag Fairy Bait

mommytoXavier

I take it these are the same as "kushies'. I HATED these diapers. The aio's abrated ds's thighs, I found the exterior was too crunchy or rough. I hated the diaper covers too,t hey would get really wet within an hour, if that. The basics I didn't like either, didn't deal well with ds's super soaking pee! And the elastic would leave a red mark on his back. We used them for a few months and found the aio's got holes in the exterior, mostly along the sides. Oh and the elastics broke down really fast. I followed all the care instructions and still it didn't matter. I didn't find them very breathable at all and ds was already struggling with a rash from disposables. They don't pull moisture away from the skin at all, in fact, I find prefolds do a much better job of it! I emailed kushies with my complaint and suggestions on how to improve their product and they wanted me to fill out these long survey and they would get back to me, all the while quoting their disclaimer about how I couldn't get a refund. I wasn't even looking for a refund I just wanted them improve their product. I got the feeling they didn't really care about that, they just want to make money while spending the least amount of money toward their product. As long as We did have several months use out of most of the diapers but I had hoped to be able to use them for a few more since ds hadn't grown out of them yet. He did okay in them once the rash was gone but by then the holes began appearing so he leaked all the time. And I figured if I was investing in cd's I could use them for my next child, but I guess not. I was ticked off and wished I had spent a tiny bit more money and gotten something like fuzzy buns or even just gone with regular prefolds (both of which I have done since and love them).

Quote:
:D i used these and flats for the fist 2 years of my first Born's life

i used the AIO nd i used the basics that needed a cover

i found the covers were good

they didn't leak, HOWEVER i found that the thin elastic broke down very fast

(on the covers)

i liked these diapers they wwere easy to find

but when i had them they were bulky and the dry cover was crunchy sounding

it was noisy and bothered me

i found that he Velcro was too thin and wold easily come undone, so i roughed it up so that it would stick better

i was not happy with the elastic on either the AIO or on the basics and was not impressed that it broke down so fast causing leaks

i found my old AIO leaked most of the time

and so i had to start putting a cover on my AIO making them more bulky

(but i had no leaks)

i also found that they thin flannel that covered the elastic broke down and tore very easily.

so i used them with dd 1 but for my second and subsequent children i sold them off(the good ones) and kept the crummy ones as a back up.i still use the basics as inserts and i used the left over AIO as a way of keeping my prefolds on when i cant find my snappi.
[/b]
Old 04-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Patty-cake, Patty-cake - I can decorate one for you!

murkywaters just starting to get noticed

I also am not too happy about these. The only plus about them is that you can find them anywhere locally. I bought them (AIO) to help DS potty train and I think they will work well for this since he can definatly feel when he's wet or dirty. They are a bit too big between the legs and make him walk like he's riding a horse if you put any sort of extra liner in them. They also turn out a bit at the top so his pants get damp and smell.

I do however like the covers for the non leaking part but now that I have tried a few others would much rather just spend a few extra bucks and get somthing a bit better.

Kyle July2005
Keira Aug2006
Zoe March2008

email: sellwithchristine@gmail.com
Old 04-11-2007, 03:13 PM
A little Crunchy

carsons_mama

We started out in some borrowed Kushies and they were super easy to use (we did have to use a fleece liner to help keep babe dry). They are also very affordable and much easier to find. We use them on wash day so I can put all my "good" dipes in the wash at once but we never go to far from home in one. I found the legs to be a little too big for my skinny baby. They take forever to dry in the dryer or on the line. These are the only dipers we've tried that we have had poop leak out of.

Mommy to Carson (mar/03) and Foster (nov/06) and Rogan (jun/08)
Old 05-15-2007, 07:02 PM
I LOVE Guelph.

MomOfThree

Great way to try cloth diapers - easy to get and not too pricey in terms of cloth - esp AIOs. I loved them for the first few months since they fit well and were so easy to use. Hated the laundry snakes but as long as I washed them alone I dealt with it. I found they didn't fit the weights they were supposed to very well though. It took us a higher weight to get a good fit and DD grew out of them faster. They don't hold a ton but it wasn't an issue till DD was just over 5 months old.

I also have the fitteds and covers. I don't love the covers - they don't leak but don't clean up well - and the elastic is right on their sensitive skin. The fitteds are ok but I found I had to stuff a lot more stuff in them since they got soaked so quickly. They also seemed like a LOT of fabric between the legs for so little absorbency.
Nic