Family Village

Go Back   Family Village > Village Market Place > Home Business Advertising, Thrifty things and Employment > Business Feedback Cloth Diaper & Sling reviews

Business Feedback Cloth Diaper & Sling reviews you may put feedback on local business, and products in this location.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Granola

Tracy is on a distinguished road
Default Lighthouse Christian Bookstore...

Not really local for most of you, but local for me, and I just had to give them some praise.
I went into their store today with Kenzie and Hannah, because Kenzie got a gift certificate for her graduation from Grandma Klazinga. She has read a few really great books by Beverly Lewis and really enjoyed them, so we were looking at one of her books when the owner came and asked us if he could help us find something. I said that we really like Beverly Lewis, so we were just checking out this series. We chatted for a bit, and I told him that I wanted to have a bookshelf full of good books for my four kids, and how important it was to have lots of good books for them to read. He said that he was pretty sure that they had one of Beverly Lewis' books on the discount shelves for $5.00, so we went over with him to take a look. There was one, but it was the third book in the "Annie's People" series, and I told him that as much as I would love to get them, money was really tight right now, and since we didn't have the first two, it really wouldn't really be a deal. So he goes over to another shelf, finds the first two in the series, and says "These ones are gently used, so we sell them for half price, ($12.00 each) but I really like to see great books go home with people, so what if I give them to you for $5.00 each?
So we ended up getting three $24.99 books for $5.00 each, just because this nice man wanted us to have them for the kids. It warmed my heart... so I thought I would share. Plus Kenzie spent her gift certificate on the first of a series of two volumes from Beverly Lewis that has five books in one.

We have lots of good summer reading ahead of us!