Family Village

Go Back   Family Village > Village Market Place > Home Business Advertising, Thrifty things and Employment > Business Feedback Cloth Diaper & Sling reviews

Business Feedback Cloth Diaper & Sling reviews you may put feedback on local business, and products in this location.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2011, 10:26 AM
If she does something nice for you, just DEAL with it!

drea just starting to get noticed
Default Nestle

I know Nestle has had some nasty bad pr issues over the years, but I have to say I was fairly impressed with the package I received this morning. They are at least attempting to be less offensive to the breastfeeding crowd.

I signed up for the free club thing (I'm waiting for a new foster baby and thought I'd stock up on my free samples while waiting and since I'm just taking free stuff from them, I don't think that actually breaks the boycott, right?) and got a nice diaper bag and a whole can of powder.

But what impressed me was all the literature that came with it. I was surprised to see page after page of breastfeeding promotion. No mention of formula until page 11 of the Mother's Guide. First there were pages of explaining the health benefits to baby and mom of breastfeeding, then a couple pages of how to breastfeed, then some discussion of the benefits of a healthy immune system (which they clearly indicated that breastfeeding is the best way to support that, too.)
There was also a completely separate flyer that was solely to promote breastfeeding, focusing on it being the best way to keep baby healthy. There was a subtle connection to nestle formula only by the repeated reference to a bacterial culture that in another flier they mention that they use in one of their formulas, but not once was Nestle actually mentioned in the first flier.

So anyway, I'm not going to stop boycotting Nestle yet, I haven't heard that they are treating the women in the third world with any more respect, but thought if anyone wants a nice free diaper bag and check out the pro-breastfeeding literature, they could sign up and take free stuff from Nestle.

wife to Greg
mom to Gabriella, Garret, Sterling, & Christian and a couple extra from time to time
schinkels.com
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says ~~ "Oh Crap, She's up!"